Series 3 door trim

Hi. I installed the new door cards on my roadster this evening after fitting the plastic sheet inside the door. That part was a lot easier than I expected by the way. Anyhow, I have a couple of questions about the doors. Firstly, it looks like the door trim have to “kink” or bend outwards at the front to clear the vertical member in the door frame. I can’t see how to fix the the trim to the door at the front. Are there a couple of screws or something I am missing?
Secondly, there are two drain holes at the bottom of the doors. I understand there are a couple of “diverters” pop riveted to the frame. Can someone please explain where exactly these diverters go? I presume on the bottom (outside) of the door frame? What do they look like?
Thanks all in advance for your help.
Allan
Series 3 Roadster
Sydney

Hi Allan,

I’ll take a picture of my door and post sometime later today.
Unless someone beats me to it.

Cheers … Ole

That would be awesome thank you so much. I don’t suppose the top chrome strip on the lower door card slots into the door somehow?

There should be two chrome strips screwed to the door, the shorter one at the front secures the forward part of the door card. Look to xke data or Google for images.
Regards
Pat

Thank you Pat. My trims were non existent so i wasn’t aware that i even had a long chrome strip:). Just found that and now can see that these screw into the door and then the trim pushes up into them. Seems really obvious now…
Thanks
Al

Here’s a shot of the deflector on my door. It’s purpose is to keep the bottom seal from blocking the drain hole.

I need to get my door card of in the next days and can take some pictures to illustrate where what goes.

Cheers … Ole

THanks Ole. That exacly what a needed to see. Makes sense.
I have the door cards sorted now but thanks for offering. I found the chrome channels. unfortunately, i made the door cards a little too thick so need to widen the channels a fraction to make for an easier fit but that shouldnt be too hard. I really do appreciate your help and time.
Cheers
Allan

Allan, the alternative is off course to take a dremmel to the edge of the door card. There’s a risk of cracking the chrome when you bend the channel, which I believe is brass.
Remember to allow for the door card cover and padding.

Cheers … Ole