Series 3 Master window switch (Orientation)

I’m just about to reinstall a Master Window Switch (The one that cuts off the window switches)

Which way is in orientated.? does the switch push in at the top or an the bottom?

Regards,

Tom

Tom:

In my opinion, it doesn’t matter. It is a simple on/off rocker. Take your choice forward on, backward off.
or the reverse.

I’ve had mine out several times. I just follow the tilt
of the connector. How It falls most naturally.

Some of us, with no kids in the back to concern us. jump the thing. Making it in operable. freeing it for reassignment.

Carl

I agree with Carl. which ever direction is most intuitive. The OE direction is just the opposite of what is intuitive. rocking up brings the window down, and rock down brings the window up (same with the sunroof). I reversed my switches in my series III cause the OE orientation didn’t make sense to me.

Of course when I get into the other Jags (I have) the switches are OE orientation, so I’m consistently putting the window up when I want it down, and down when I want it up. Ugh! I’m about to pop out the Series III switches and put the switches back to OE.

M:

I get it. But, the issue is the lock out window switch
power, not each window switch.

In one of my fix the window switch endeavours, I
put at leas one in backwards. Forward became up!!
To me, counter intuitive. I was tempted to leave it and adapt. Naah, Back in and fixed it. The latest was a trial first before assembly!!!r

Carl

Sorry, maybe this will help.

Is this what you’re looking for?

I jumped it 10 years ago went the switch broke. Now with 2 girls (2 and 6) I need to have it operational again!

Correct, The master lock out switch.