Series 3 tool roll

Hi - can someone tell me if all Series 3 E-type tool-rolls are the black plastic type roll with Heyco wrenches or is there an early version with a hardura roll and ‘Snail Brand’ or ‘Jaguar’ branded wrenches?

Thanks!
~Mike

Hello Mike,
Not all S3 cars were supplied with Tool Kits as part of the package; it was contingent on the country of destination. However, its my understanding that the Tool Roll was a small, black plastic roll (much smaller than that supplied with S2 cars) with cloth edging. There was quite a variation of Tire Pressure Gauges supplied over the S3 manufacture period, but the spanners seem to have all been Heyco.

Regards,

Bill

1 Like

My December 1971 manufactured S3 (UK market) came with a hardura roll, now almost disintegrated! The spanners were Hayco and the tyre gauge the pencil type.

1 Like

Thanks Bill and @TriQpilot

That’s what I thought as well but there is a drawing I saw in the S3 E-Type parts manual that seems to show 3 Snail and 1 Heyco. Also the S1 XJ12 parts manual (1972-1973) that shows all Snail Brand. Artistic license I suppose.

Interesting @TriQpilot, I’m guessing they used the Hardura version till they ran out?

Thanks,
~Mike

Hello Mike,
There is a fairly thorough article over three, monthly volumes (September, October, November 2018) of the UK E Type Club Magazine relating to the S3 E Type Tool Kit.

Regards,

Bill

1 Like

thanks Bill
Are they available online by any chance?

Hello Mike,
They are if you join the club.

Regards,

Bill

1 Like

I copy/pasted the photo and details from the UK site.
If this is a copyright or other infringement, I’ll delete my posting – --
however I can’t imagine this being a problem Both Jag sites are dedicated to sharing info/data

Kit is comprised of the following tools:

Four (4) Heyco Open Ended Spanners:
3/8 AF x 7/16 AF marked “Heyco”
7/16 AF x 1/2 AF marked “Heyco”
5/8 AF x 3/4 AF marked “Heyco”
13/16 AF x 7/8 AF marked "Heyco
Pliers - marked “Sheffield”
Box Spanner - marked 1/2 BSF
Tommy Bar for Box Spanner
Tyre/Tire Pressure Gage - marked “PCL” and “Made in England” with Patent Information
Screwdriver - Marked “Heyco” and “W. Germany” removable/reversible Phillips & flat blades
Lucas Distributor Points Screw Driver/Feeler Gage - solid rivet and marked “Lucas” and “0.014” “0.016”
Tyre/Tire Valve Tool - Yellow Plastic
Hub Cap Removal Tool
Vinyl Tool Roll with Leather Strap

Info/Photo provided by

1 Like

Thanks Craig. Odd that it doesn’t have the V12 spark plug wrench.

~Mike

I suspect that the 2nd wrench should be 9/16" and 1/2". Makes no sense to have two 7/16" and no 9/16"…

Right you are David! I didn’t even notice the double tap . . .