Series I 2+2 Cooling fan

I have a 1967 Series I 2+2 automatic.

The car has AC. It also has a full time cooling fan that runs off an elaborate pulley system in front. The bracket for the setup is fairly unique as well. I am wondering is anyone knows whether this is standard issue, or an aftermarket addition/modification. I’m considering bringing back to electric fan per normal but not sure whether this is “normal” already

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Mark San Rafael

It’s absolutely NOT stock. Production line AC wasn’t available until 1968. In Dugdale’s Jaguars in America, he describes pre S2 dealer installations as ‘frightening’, maybe this explains his shock.

A stock S1 fan would be woefully inadequate for an AC equipped car. Some detailed photos might suggest a solution.

I will gather photos. Not certain I like the idea of the AC in the car anyway. I am in the process of installing a 4-speed manual with overdrive (Thanks Mr. Crespin) and numerous little oddities are coming to the fore upon dis-assembly. I’m thinking it likely was a dealership install as the unit does get in the way of the fuse panel. I’m not terribly concerned with originality on this car. Looking to have an enjoyable driver for longer trips with enough room for packing and a companion.

Thanks for the insights