Series II euro style bumpers from Ho Chi Min City

Does anyone have any knowledge about the quality of these bumpers currently offered on eBay?

David,

I wouldn’t risk that kind of money for parts of unknown quality. There are stainless bumpers available https://www.bumperworld.de/stossstangen/jaguar/s/205, nayy, that are a bit more expensive, but their quality is well-documented.

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

David,
You may want to research the archives here on this forum. As I recall, under the subject of converting US to Euro bumpers, there are some comments on the Asian bumper quality and, as I recall, it was positive.
Phillip

Be aware that if converting from US to Euro spec you need lots of other parts, especially bonnet hinges.

After spending last season rounding up hinges, lower grille etc, I have assembled the front & rear bumpers for my 77 XJ6C S2. Looking forward to installing them. That will be the real challenge. Love the quality of the S/S units out of Vietnam. Not sure people really know, but they are mfr’d by a company that makes them for virtually every classic mark. Most of us I imagine went through eBay, but contact them directly at bumperautomobile.com The biggest. Most expensive challenge is getting the LH Bonnet Hinge, which I consider the heart of the installation.

1 Like

The distance center to center on my XJC rear mounting points is 36.5 Inches. Doesn’t quite match up with either hole on the bumber tabs, but workable. That sound about right to others doing the mod ?