Series II Water Flow Diagram

All,
I am continuing my overhaul of my 69 FHC cooling system and am ready to back-flush to system. I have read there are water flow diagrams in the archives but have not found them. Does anyone have a diagram of how the heater system flows? I believe I have figured out the system inlet is from the rear of the intake manifold through the heater valve to the heater core and returns through the pipe mounted under the intake to the back of the water pump. Can anyone confirm I have it right?

That is how it has always seemed to me.

This is how I connected a hose to run water thru the system. Heater was removed, I did open the heater valve before commencing the flush:

Thanks Geo. I have all the heater and manifold hoses off as I am working on a car that was improperly stored for a very long time. I filled the firewall tubes with Evaporust and let them sit overnight and flushed each separately. I then flushed the block from the water pump exit and the thermostat housing trying to be sure all was open. I wanted to back flush the system to try to minimize contaminants going deeper into the block. That is why I was trying to figure out the flow path. Good news is everything seemed to be open and I got it to all flow clear water so hopefully, I will be good when I get the cooling system back together.