Series III Windshield Wiper Linkage

Hello.

My windshield wipers were not working at all so I removed the wires and screws for the wiper motor and the jezuz clip, cleaned and repaired the motor and it now works great! I went to reinstall the motor and found the linkage from the motor to, I think, the LH side wiper post, was not connected to the LH side wiper post. I can move the link by hand and it is not connected to anything. I must have disconnected or broke something in the wiper linkage when I removed the wiper motor. RATS!

Would anyone have any idea/guess as to just what I did to break the link? How does the link connect to the LH side post? And the million $$ question how do I fix the wipers??

Thanks much

Tim

From the ROM - remove the dashboard top (screen rail facia assembly) for access to reconnect ball socket link to LH side - item 3

Hello and thank you very much for the info.

I have the CD manual and the hard copy. I printed out each section and made a nice pamphlet of each. I looked thru all the pamphlets for the wiper info, could not find any and just assumed there wasn’t wiper info. I did have it; just didn’t print it out. After you replied to my request, I checked the manual and sure enough; info just as you show.

Now, to try to fix this linkage even with the good info looks to be a challenge.

Thanks again.

Tim

Hi,
I’ve got the same issue. It is very easy to remove the small ball joint at the left side from the mechanism.
Easy for me because the windscreen is removed and the top of the dashbord as well.
The ball joint i’m talking about is highlighted in yellow bellow.

Thank you for the pic. So does the link just snap onto the ball? Is there not a C Clip or something holding it on.

There is a spring “lock” bridging across the outside of the ball with 2 small cams that when flipped, open the spring. When installed and the cams released, the spring ends retain the socket over the ball.