Series two bumpers

Has anyone here used series 1 return horns on their series 2 front bumper? Is it doable without grinding or shaping?

Oh, I see but did you fit the little return horns?

I should think if you’re going to modify the bumpers deleting the overriders would clean up the lines of the car. Make them more Ferarri-like. This is a pic of the car once owned by J-Ler Tim Cornish.

Gorgeous.

1 Like

I don’t mind the over riders, but I do like the finish of those little return horns. Don’t care for the bar. Can’t stand the amco apperatus. I got hundreds of hoes in that bonnet , can’t just leave her out there naked.

Agreed. You need those little extensions flanking the air intake. To pull off the overrider deletion you’d need to dechrome the lot, weld on the extensions, grind and sand smooth, rechrome. A lot of work and cost, but the result is very clean.

I’m only passively following this thread, but now I’m intensely interested in what the phrase “hoes in the bonnet” means . . .

Obviously Freudian slip…anticipating puting the crumpet catcher in to service…or a misspelling of hours…

1 Like

I suspected as much. The only other alternative I could think of was holes, and that didn’t seem right.