Service manuals from my dad's garage

Before my dad bought his beloved e type (which I’m currently restoring and caretaking) he owned a saloon. As he cleans out his garage he has begun bringing me literature. Are items like this of interest to saloon owners?

Bill

Bill,
Yes, I believe that he Jaguar Parts Catalogues are a very good thing for any Jaguar owner to have, including saloon owners. I have them for all five Jaguar models that I own and also a few more related models. I use them regularly to look up part numbers for the parts I buy.

If you look on eBay you will see that sellers list them from about $60 to almost $200 but I have purchased all of mine for about $60 each.

Paul

Paul
Thanks. I’m reluctant to part with it but if I have to I’d like to start with enthusiasts from this group. When I’m done going through everything I’ll post in the classified section. Chances of my ever owning a saloon are pretty darn low :slight_smile:

I always strongly advise owners to obtain the correct Parts Manual for their cars

A real enthusiast who works upon, and or displays their car should own both a paper and electronic version

Most enthusiasts who want a Paper copy prefer good to pristine condition

Your copies look similar to mine for which I paid prices from ~$A30 to $100 perfect NOS)

I think the for sale section is good to try, probably a lot of guys already have them

the electronic ones can be bought very cheap on Ebay

sold prices on Ebay is the market price

1 Like