[SOLD] Set of four 185R15 Coker Redline tires and Series 2 wire wheels

LTL: look on the Googles. Many offer such.

At one time Fastenal used to transport items on pallets as a sideline to their regular business. Itā€™s been mentioned before on J-L as a way of shipping engines. Iā€™ve no idea if they still do this or how much it costs.

Freight lines are another alternative.

Some examples:

Motorcycle shipper - reasonable cost - Pub - Jag-lovers Forums

How to ship an engine? - E-Type - Jag-lovers Forums

Greyhound, the bus line, also carries freight. Years ago we use them as the cheapest, and fastest way to ship rolls of building plans, can be a 100 or more sheets, from one city to another.

I had done a preliminary search and had prices estimates from various shippers but all were significantly higher than shipping the wheels/tires individually. In the $550-600 range.

The world-wide crisis as a result of the virus has affected all shipping companies and Iā€™ve been told by a good friend who works at Samsung that shipping rates have risen dramatically in the past year.

As for other methods, Iā€™m going to leave that to the potential buyers. I live in the 75002 zip code and as originally stated, Iā€™m happy to get the tires to the shipper of your choice, but I canā€™t take responsibility for their price and or handling of the items after they leave me.

Thanks for all the hard work Bob, and Iā€™d really like the tires/wheels but adding another $400 to your sell price puts it around $1000, and I donā€™t need the wheels. At $1000 I could just get a new set of tires.

So sorry Bob, I have to back off of the dealā€¦thanks again for the help and patience.

G

Completely understand.

I just checked with Greyhound and it would appear that their least expensive rate would be $275 for ā€œstation to stationā€ to your zip code meaning we each would need to drop off/pickup at the nearest Greyhound terminal.

Bob

I am still interested in the tires and wheelsā€¦

Thanks,

Bob
bagramian

1 Like

FedEx ground, may not ship pallets, but FedEx freight certainly does. They do LTL.

I have a group of LTL quotes now including FedEx freight, all between $500 and $600+

@Les_Halls has bowed out due to the price of the shipping and the fact that he only really wants the tires, I really donā€™t blame him at all. Waiting to her from @ryaskovic as to his thoughts.

I donā€™t blame you guys if you arenā€™t interested due to shipping costs, I was blown away by the pricing myself.

Once I near from @ryaskovic given that he expressed interest second, I can let @Robert_A_Bagramian know if we are proceeding.

I left the one tire packaged as I showed in the photos, I will need a day to get the other three prepped. As it turned out I already had two properly sized pieces of 2 x 4 to protect the hub on the first wheel/tire set, I will need to go get some 2 x4ā€™s to cut to size to prep the other three wheels, if that is how they would be sent.

@BobK - I really appreciate your time and effort in looking at shipping options and costs!

At this time, I will pass on the offer. It looks like @Robert_A_Bagramian is a ready-buyer so I wonā€™t stand in his way. I appreciate the follow-up to my request!

RobY

1 Like

Given the cost of shipping these wheels and tires, Iā€™m going to suggest that you need to be prepared to pick them up here in the North Dallas area (Plano, Frisco, Allen, etc.)

Hey guys, what about this idea: a bucket brigade!

Someone drives them from Dallas to 1/3 of the way there, then someone else picks it up, goes the other third of the way thereā€¦you see where Iā€™m headed with this!

1 Like

I like the idea and would drive them the first portion of the route, but it sounds a bit complicated to arrange meeting times, locations, etc.

If there was interest in the wheels separate from the tires, Iā€™d be willing to have the tires dismounted from the wheels and sell them separately (4 wire wheels and 4 Coker tires) but Iā€™d have to change the pricing to account for the costs involved in getting them dismounted and packaging the wheels and strapping two tires together to ship.

If there are two interested parties, let me know and I can work with each of you to try something like this.

Iā€™m East and North of Bob and 596 miles from Lesā€™ house. I could do a leg, Say to the Memphis area.

1 Like

Just call it "The Tire Leak!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In case my other reply got lost Iā€™m back in the offer for just the tires.

Hi Bob, Iā€™m back in the game for just the tires.

Les, if someone else pipes up interested in the wheels, then I will go get them dismounted and we can talk about a fair price for the tires and what should be more reasonably priced shipping costs.

I appreciate all the interest in re-creating the Pony Express to shuttle the tires from depot to depot, but while Iā€™m happy to hear that a few folks might be interested, #1 I canā€™t ask that many folks to take on a drive so that I can sell my wheels/tires and #2 Iā€™m not really interested in a multi-hour drive myself.

Letā€™s see if anyone would like the wheels. As it stands right now, you are #1 in line for just the tires.

Iā€™m planning on dismounting the tires from the wire wheels tomorrow. The tires are now considered sold.

As for the wheels, I will now be packaging them in two cardboard boxes with plenty of bubble paper and cardboard for protection when shipping. Interested parties in the wire wheels should PM me.

Thanks