Shaved doors anyone?

Hi All
Just wondering if anyone has fitted solenoids/door poppers and done away with all the exterior door handles.
I was wondering how this ties in with the alarm arming/disarming.

now for something completely different…

Regards to all David

Hi David,

It would be great if it can be done and im sure it is posible. Although im sure Custom car makers would charge a fortune to instal and repaint four Doors, but I would do it however you would need two remotes, one for the main car alarm and to dead lock the csr then the popper remote ??? Great idea though would be good if it could half open the door too ??? Dont know if thats possible ??

All the best

L

Hi Lance,
The paint (clearcoat) on my aging car is peeling basically along the top section of the doors and wings. I am going to rub them down and spray from front to back with the join running along the crease so it won’t be noticeable. So…I might take out the door handles…weld in four blanks…fit solenoids and controls for opening locks…fit poppers(spring loaded ejector pins)…blend bodywork and paint. Doors open with remotes …one press-driver’s door…next press-passenger etc…Because there is no handles one could maybe do without activating the alarm system. Or one could fit an extra remotely operated solenoid or magnet operated switch system to arm the alarm…as if I don’t have enough things on my to do list …but…this is more fun!

Regards David