Shimming rear sub frame - driver side

Now I have my very recently restored car project car (a real project) on “all fours”, I noticed that the left rear of the body is 3/4" lower than the right rear!

My understanding (I’ve not done it as a friend of mine did the rear sub frame for me) is that there are shims that fit between the axle and the diff housing to sort this out.

Will shimming this raise the car up to what I need it to be, and if so “about” what thickness of shims will I need to achieve this as a ball park.

I’m a bit concerned I have a problem bigger than what simple shims will take car of - thoughts please all?
Thanks, Pat

The only shims in the IRS adjust the rear wheel camber. Camber is the vertical tilt on the wheel. There is nothing on the IRS to adjust ride height except for the rear springs, and if they were the same length before fitting that is not your problem. I suspect the front torsion bars are not equally set. Or god forbid…your car is twisted.
If you support the car with a jack under the center of the picture frame with proper special wood block to protect the picture frame, does the car now sit level in the rear? If so it’s the front TB adjustment, if crooked then it’s the rear springs.

It’s hard to determine which shims you might be referring to here. The closest to your description are the shims between the diff housing and the inner fulcrum shaft brackets that align the shaft with the holes in the cross member (cage), but they have no measurable effect on ride height. If the car sits lower on one side than the other at the rear, have you checked the front? It’s easier to believe that the front torsion bar settings are mismatched, causing the whole car to list on one side. I’m assuming that the car doesn’t have non-standard adjustable perches on the rear shocks.

Been out looking/working on the car all afternoon, I think my problem is rather simple, the bumper is on an able as best I can tell. Not a lot of reference points to measure from on this car.
Pat

Try measuring from the ground to the wheel well arch in line with the center of the hub on both sides to see if the car is leaning to one side. Likely the best/most reliable and easiest location to get a good measurement.

Thanks but I did do that, but I’m not able to trust the measurement as I had a lot of metal work done on the wheel wells before I painted the car and can not be sure they are the same.

Pat

Measure to the frame rails. The sheet metal can be WAY off if it’s been poorly repaired. If the frame rails are off, you have a real problem…

Regards,
Ray L.