Signing off for awhile

My wonderful wife of 43 years, Jeanine, has finished her time in this world, and begun her eternal life in heaven with Jesus Christ.
Lewy body dementia is a disease that destroys the brain in a slow fade out, shutting down gradually until life is no longer supported. Like a computer deleting programs one after another.
Through it all, she never lost her sweet, affectionate, gentle, quiet, loving spirit.
Near the end, she still recognized me, but could no longer speak.
I am thankful to God for the 43 years we had together.
The antique car hobby is not quite the same for me without her to share it.
I need to sign off the air waves for awhile.

1 Like

Condolences Rob - take care of yourself.

My deepest condolences.

I am very sorry to hear your sad news. Please accept my condolences.

So sad Rob look after yourself.

I am very sorry to hear your sad news. I had not heard of Lewy body dementia until just two weeks ago when a friend and ex-work college died of it and he only in his early sixties. Please accept my condolences. You will be in my thoughts.

Peter

Dear Rob
My sincere condolences for your loss - our thoughts are with you at this time.
Regards
David

In our prayers…
GTJOEY1314

Dear Rob,

I don’t understand how I knew but as I said you are in my prayers.

Tim

1 Like

I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend! I feel that we all are now losing a good friend also. Grieve and remember. If you need any support, we are all here to listen and help!

Dear Rob,
You will be in my thoughts, take care of yourself, please accept my condolences

Polti

So very sorry to learn of your loss. We extend our heartfelt condolences.

B & K

Prayers to You and Your Family.

Sad news. A loving and supportive partner makes a huge difference when sharing the passion of a hobby, particularly the antique car world. My condolences.

Daniel

sincere condolences.

Geri

Hi Rob.
Very sorry to hear the news.
In your own time please sign back on to the air waves as your expertise and opinions are always greatly appreciated by the Pre XK family.
Take care.

1 Like

I’m so sorry. My condolences to you and your family.

Gunnar

1 Like

Thanks for all the kind words, friends.
I’m sad to lose her, and because of the virus we can’t even have a memorial service for her, with most of her friends still afraid to come to church yet.
So I put together a memorial web site.

And here is a picture of her at a Jaguar picnic.

She sometimes drove the XJ12 and S-Type, but her favorite was the Mark V. She even tried to drive it once, just around in a parking lot where I could switch off the ignition key if she got into difficulty with the clutch pedal.
1 Like

Rob,
Glad to see you back. I hope you spend more time concentrating on all of your wonderful memories then on your loss.
Easy words to say but are meant to help.

Wayne

Thank you, and yes, Jeanine trying to drive the Mark V is one of those wonderful memories.

2 Likes