Smell gasoline from the trunk

Just plaster the seam with JB Weld if that’s where it’s leaking.

There isn’t any leak…we checked

I’m tired…I leave opened that 2 vents behind and I hope in God…

Two things about this picture:

1. Blue arrow - what is the source of what appears to be a drop of liquid?

2. Pointing finger - it is a little difficult to tell from this photo but is that spring clamp positioned a bit low such that it is not sealing tightly?

3 Likes

that is a drop of resin … from the photo you can see everything better. but the question is … why were there no odors before disassembling the area under the petrol cap? only after trying to seal the rubber sheath from which rainwater entered did the problem occur! Is it possible that in this area there is an odor leak that may have been sealed with mastic?

Finally found out what those are for! I have been trying to figure those boxes for years!

then … maybe and just maybe, we found the problem … the short black pipe that bleeds the gas under pressure from the petrol filler had been inserted too much inside and it wasn’t functional … now I just have to drive and understand if the situation has really been resolved.

Can you clarify what pipe and where is it? Maybe a photo?

This is it

so the end in the tank was in too deep.

just checked, mine is welded so there is no up or down movement.

I solved it by putting it correctly … but now the water problem is back, looking for the cause of the smell we have re-assembled the part of the petrol cap by removing all the mastic that sealed the cracks on the rubber … now if it rains strong the silicone gasket that I built is not enough anymore !! this machine will make me die.

Have you tried as seen on TV flex seal?

If your petrol vent hose has been displaced from the filler boot you will as I did have a smell of petrol.
Good hunting