SNG Barratt Engine Paint

SNG offer a metallic blue engine paint that is said to be a good match to the factory original. They also offer a dark blue but I’m told that the one to use is the lighter metallic blue. Has anyone used this paint and if so, is the color correct?

Cheers,
Tom

Depends what you want to use it on.A type heads were never painted.C type heads as optional on XK140 MC were painted red.B type heads when fitted to a 3.4 litre block were painted originally a ‘duck-egg-green’ colour but later on more a ‘duck-egg-blue’ colour, but always non- metallic.B type heads when fitted to a 3.8 litre block were painted a dark/mid metallic- blue.
So what is your engine number?That will as vise which of the above was original for your head paint colour.
Roger.

The engine number is LC2679-9 for a 1962 Mk 2 with 9:1 compression. The date code is cast on the block. The color is supposed to be a light blue and in fact the head has remnants of a light blue paint but I have no idea if that is original factory paint or not. And from what I’ve been able to read in the archives and other reference sources it would seem that Jaguar wasn’t very consistent with the paint color over the production run.

So, given all that, is the SNG Light Metallic Blue reasonably close to some version of the factory color?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Tom