Sold after 34 years

Boo Hoo,

After 34 years, my Willow has been sold on.

The car gave me a lot of good memories, but I couldn’t face a third paint job including newer fenders etc, interior work, lots of electrical work etc. I just retired and have lots of other projects to work on however.

The NY buyer sent a truck for it, which happened to be a snowy day here. I plugged in the block heater for 6 hours and it started right up.

Here are a couple of pictures, including outside the church across the road where, 23 years ago, I drove away in the Jag after being wed. For a moment my wife was actually nostalgic for the car!

At least now I have inside storage room for the black VDP.

On to the next project,

Rob

1 Like

I totally get your feelings: there comes a time…

Robert,

what do “Jaglovers” pay you for your advertising on the VDP’s car plate?

Yet, this is so sad to let a fine driviing machine go that has shared probably the larger part of your life and maybe the years you like most to remember …

Hopefully, we keep your expertise on this forum anyway! No need to paint or repair here …

Best wishes

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

1 Like

There comes a time. The bride’s Series 1 took us to our wedding and away - church in Mudgee, a NSW country town 27 years ago. We’ve had the car 32 years. It’s hers so she still gets gooey for it.

1 Like

Thanks Pauls (2), and Jocken,

Jocken, you must have good eyesight, because couldn’t read my plate number from that picture! My wife got me that some years back for Christmas. Custom plates have been around a while here, so she assumed JAGLOVER would be taken. Before phoning the bureau, she had a list of alternates: JAGLVR etc. She was surprised that just 1 week earlier, our province went to 8 character plates, up from 7, so it was available. She’s a keeper - my wife I mean.
Of course I’ll be around here, I have still some Jag projects. Good luck with yours.

Pauls: Yes, there comes a time. It was a case of everything needed attention. I found a fully restored car and skipped the years of work. Paul B: gooey?

Cheers,

Rob

1 Like

Gooey - misty eyed and sentimental. Paul

BRRRRR !!!

That is all I can say

Carl