Some stupid check

Hello everybody…after some month the Garage given me back my Daimler '87!! I made many controls and taken away all corrosion in many parts…I drive all days making maybe 15/20 km to go to work or school for the children…It’s fantastic but after one week I can tell what it’s not too much good…maybe these are stupid checks.
In this season (I live in a Island in Mediterranean center) the weather is a little cold ( 10 degrees ) and with many many umidity (80/90%) rain too much and the car sleep outside!! When I the turn on it’s get up very very good but I must wait 5 minutes before to go because if I try immediatly putting the gear, the motor goes to sobs and you can see the rev counter going between 1.000 rpm and 500 rpm…the second problem(?) you can see behind, when I turn on the exhaust pipes take away many White smoke…after some km it vanishes, only for the cold?
thanks for all your help.

Hi Max.
When you start the car first thing in the morning does the needle on the voltmeter swing over to around 13 V or more within a few seconds ?
If you select drive a few seconds after first starting and try driving off immediately does the car stall ?

Does the temperature needle rise to the N position within a mile or two of driving off from a cold start?

How old are your spark plug leads, distributor cap and rotor arm ? If you look under the bonnet in the dark with the engine running after the car has stood long enough for condensation to form on the leads, you might be able to see little flashes as they ‘track’ across each other.

As long as your coolant level is remaining constant and the ‘white smoke’ clears once the car has warmed up I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s probably just steam from the high humidity levels you have at the moment.

• When you start the car first thing in the morning does the needle on the voltmeter swing over to around 13 V or more within a few seconds ?

Haven’t needle but digit and sure after 5 second goes After 13v

• If you select drive a few seconds after first starting and try driving off immediately does the car stall ?

If i drive immediatly the car turn off

• Does the temperature needle rise to the N position within a mile or two of driving off from a cold start?

It needs 5/8 minutes driving to goes to good temperature

• How old are your spark plug leads, distributor cap and rotor arm ?

i think 5 years but i must ask

• If you look under the bonnet in the dark with the engine running after the car has stood long enough for condensation to form on the leads, you might be able to see little flashes as they ‘track’ across each other.

i Will check
Thanks for question :slight_smile: