Source For Knee Bolster Replacement Clips?

Found out the other day that one of the upper fastening pair of clips on Superblack’s driver’s side knee bolster (well, I guess that’s the ONLY side bolster on a '92) is broken. :angry: Wondered why it had been loose. :thinking: I also thought those clips were metal, but they appear to be black plastic, instead. I have tried sourcing them all over the Internet and from the usual suspects, but seems they are impossible to find used (and Jag stopped making new ones a long time ago :frowning_face: ). One of the usual suspects said he did have a few NOS ones, but that members of a local A-M club bought all of them up recently (who knew Jag and A-Ms shared some of the same parts? :open_mouth: ). Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

look at SNGBarratt.com for the clips. if you need part numbers let me know; and I’ll see what I can find. I’ll need a picture to make sure I’m getting you the part number for the right part.
Everydayxj.com great source for used bits. Also jag heaven.

“SNUG” says they are “unavailable”. :frowning_face: I have ordered parts from Everyday before and they are a good source, although it seems the last couple of times I have tried to order parts from them they were “out of stock” or “unavailable” as well. I guess things are just getting scarcer and scarcer for our XJSes. :grimacing:

can you send me a picture of what you’re looking for? I may have some. I have a bunch of misc parts.

Jag part # BEC-2524. It’s “#5” (“hinge clip”) shown on the diagram below:

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com/parts/index/part/id/C03.910.91080.91080359.910803594432/brand/jaguar/

Thank you for getting back to me, I looked at the part online, and I don’t have one of those. If I had the dimensions. I could make one out of metal. I’m guessing it’s plastic.

Check this out.

Jagspares.uk.co is out

https://www.jagbits.com/product/BEC2524.html is out

did find it on ebay in the Netherlands

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-XJS-1975-1996-Hinge-Clip-BEC2524-available-100/133259238906?hash=item1f06de9dfa:g:LjMAAOSw2bRd5OuI

JagBits actually claims it is on “back order”, but usually I find out that means they just don’t carry a part anymore. :confused: I guess I’ll go with the Netherlands vendor, although the part is 5 Euros + 10 Euros shipping. Don’t have any other choice. I note the vendor says that their part is a “perfect aftermarket replica”. I had wondered why no one is doing that, given how many of these are on the bolsters of all the XJSes (and apparently some A-Ms out there as well). :moneybag: Thanks for letting me know! :smile:

If it were me, I’d make a couple out of aluminium.

Since these parts are listed as NLA - No Longer Available - (I noticed this notation over towards the right side section of the description on the JagBits site), couldn’t they be replicated (after-marketed) by anyone, such as someone with a 3D printer - just a thought. Tex Terry II 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe, 2/4/2020 2345hrs EST USA

1 Like

Possibly, I guess. Again, maybe something for “JohnJohn” to put together and sell on his Ebay site out of Lithuania. (?) :wink: btw, I did send an email to that vendor asking them whether their aftermarket part is made of plastic or metal. Curious to see which it is.

I have reverse engineered these and have a 3D Print File available for anyone needing the plastic bolster clips

If we had dimensions for: 1, 2, and 3, fairly easy to make out of sheet metal.

Added with edit: clarifying that “3” is from center of support to center of the mounting hole (not the length of clip base).

Well dang, Trent … only took you three years … :laughing: Yes, PM me with contact info please as I’d like to order one from you. Good job on getting those done … ^5 :smiley_cat:

I am curious as to whether Trent is saying he has a 3D Print FILE available for folks who do 3D printing, or is he saying he is producing finished product?
My assumption from his post was the former

I would like the 3D print file please! My son does a lot of 3D printing and offered to make some if I could get a file. Im driving my 94 XJS from NM to Virginia next week to see him.
Email is ctw4155@gmail.com
Thanks