Source for Marelli Ignition Coil Connectors

Hi Everyone,

As I have been replacing wiring in my 92 XJS and ran into some trouble finding the 4 wire connectors for the Marelli ignition coils. I saw a couple links here for buying new, but many links were dead or cost a ton. I figured I would share my solution: These connectors are pretty much identical to those used for the alternator on most LS-based cars and trucks. They also are used for the alternator for many early 2000’s Pontiac cars. A quick trip to the junkyard with this knowledge got me a pile of these suckers. A couple things to look out for:

• Many of the trucks have the right connector, but have some of the pin holes filled with plastic (as they only use one pin). These do not drill out for a pin easily.

• Some of the connectors have the “slot” in the wrong place, but still seem to fit just fine (and more snugly).

I had best luck with the Pontiacs as I found several with 4 pins already installed. Removing the excess pins is quite easy by inserting a jeweler’s Flathead driver just above the rounded side of the pin and pulling. If you have any questions or need photos let me know.