Source for original OEM Metalastic front end bushings

Hi - I need to rebuild my 72’s front end but don’t really want to use polyurethane - It’s gonna be taught enough with my big Addco sway bar and poly mount bushings. Also don’t want any of that cheap, aftermarket stuff (Uro etc…) Does anyone know of a source of OEM Jag/Metalastic front end rubber bushings? (preferably in the US cause that’s where I am but I don’t mind ordering from across the various ponds)
Thanks,
~Mike
72 XJ6 (x2)
73 XJ6
86 XJ6
84 XJS
60 Mk2

I would check SNG Barratts USA online, and if it doesnt make it clear, ring them

I used some poly, and the some rubber…the rubber is deteriorated…avoid…use metalastic

Thanks Tony - I actually get most of my stuff from SNGB but I don’t think they have the OEM anymore. Need to check though.

Yup that cheap stuff is not great. I have used it in some places - especially when money was an issue - but really only for mounts that don’t do alot of moving around. Front end bushings ya need the good stuff.

~Mike

Well the final verdict is I was able to find both uppers and lowers at the local Jaguar dealership - genuine Jag of course. Both uppers and lowers are apparently the same til the last XJS in '96. I usually never think about dealerships for parts anymore.

I gotta say as well that my local Jag dealer’s parts manager (Wayne @ Jaguar of Chattanooga) was incredibly helpful which surprised me considerably since these cars are sooo old now. He was genuinely interested in the older cars. Really a very pleasant experience which was a unexpected. And the price was not bad either. Sure they are twice as much as Uro brand but they’re real, OEM parts.

~M

Mike,
I regularly purchase parts for our two XJ6s, XJ12, and XJ-S convertible at the local Jaguar dealership. They provide a discount to Jaguar Clubs of North America (JCNA) members and don’t charge a shipping or handling fee when I pick up the parts from them. The discount and lack of shipping and handling costs mean that their parts can be very competitive compared to the other suppliers. Plus I know that I am getting the right part. I do shop around but usually contact the dealertship especially for a large parts buy. About 2 years ago I got a very good deal on a brand new radiator for my wife’s convertible. Everyone else that I contacted was out of stock and the dealership got me one in a few days. I didn’t even expect them to carry radiators any more. With the discount and lack of shipping and handling costs the dealership price was considerably less than anyplace else.

As a side note, I save many times my annual JCNA membership dues each year through the discounts that the dealership and vendors (XKS Unlimited for example) offer to JCNA members for their purchases.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Well it’s good to know that the dealer is still a source. I keep meaning to join the JCNA but I’m kind of between club chapters where I live. The parts guy at the local dealership gave me wholesale pricing once he found out that I had 6 Jags and we talked old cars for a while. Us old-school car guys gotta stick together :slight_smile:

~Mike

1 Like

Mike,
Do the OEM Jag bushing have “Metallastic” stamped on them? I looked for these bushings a while back and could not find them anywhere.
Tim
'67 E-Type OTS

Hi Tim - I haven’t gotten them yet but they are genuine Jaguar.

Will let you know when they arrive.

~Mike

My local dealer is 5 minutes away. Went there in one my old ones recently and met the service manager. Bought a 6 cylinder bottom tensioner - they vend Jaguar Heritage stuff there. He told me that they still have all the maintenance training manuals for very early models in archives - if I really get stuck! Paul

Hi Tim - Just got the set today. All bushings do have Matalastik on them. Uppers’ bags say ‘made to Jaguar specifications in Germany’. Lowers’ bags say ’ Made in United Kingdom’.

~Mike

Mike,
That’s good news that they’re the authentic bushes, thanks.
I’ll check with my local Jag dealer to see if they supply the same parts.
Tim
"67 OTS