Spare parts to bring in the trunk?

Hi all
What are suitable spare parts to always carry in the car on longer trips.
I drive an XJ40 Daimler 4.0 MY92.

1 Like

A bag of credit cards.

3 Likes

Johan …

• First ALL XJ40 owners should carry a spare distributer cap and rotor. These cars have a history of problems with these two items, especially in wet weather and they are so easy to change out.

• Make sure your spare tire is properly inflated (something easily overlooked) and your jack and lug nut spanner are in good shape.

• Some radiator hose tape, spare fuses, power steering fluid, a few quarts of oil, and a gallon of coolant.

• There isn’t a lot of road side repairs you can make with these cars, but carry a small tool box with the basics … slot and phillips head screwdrivers, small socket set, pliers, duct tape, etc, and a fully charged flashlight.

And have a great trip !!!

2 Likes

And that the lug wrench can undo the wheel nuts if a gorilla has tightened them.

1 Like

That was exactly what I discovered once when just removing a wheel for a brake inspection in my garage. I got the shop to loosen ALL the lugs nut and retighten them to a reasonable figure I could deal with with the car wrench or even an x bar wrench I carry.

1 Like