Spark plug dilemma

1. My 1995 Jaguar XJS V12, 6.0 has only 46K miles. I researched spark plus and found a $US price difference when ordering the Jaguar part number EBC 4021 at $US7.95 each or the NGK part BR7EF at $US1.99 each. with 12 needed, this ai a $US72 approx difference. What am I missing (or giving-up?) by going with the lower price?
  2. As to get to the spark plugs, I’ll be removing the distributor cap and leads. Given the age and reasonably low mileage, should I consider replacing the distributor cap, rotor, and spark plug leads?
    Thanks for any responses
    Chris
  1. You should have no problem with the NGK plugs. I think it was latterly BR7EFS being recommended, but likely very little difference in it.
  2. A visual inspection on the cap and rotor once removed would tell you more. Looking at the plug leads in the dark of night will tell you if they are arcing unnecessarily. Consider the preventative measures mentioned in “The Book” for continued health of your ignition system.

Thank you for your confirmation…all leads look fine but will read The Book to refresh…thanks
Chris