Spark Plug Indexing V-12 HE

I spent many many hours trying to fit wires so they didnt cross over each other on distributor cap. That’s why i needed two sets of wires. I ended up with only one crossing over, 1B. I also did my own numbering.

1 Like

OK Greg, you win a cigar, the thread chaser worked awesome! I must admit I was not happy with a plug that wouldn’t go in to the point of getting miserable.
I guess my better half will stay married to me now. Thanks for the great advice.

2 Likes

Yes, its a great invention.

Any gunk on threads will “compact” making it hard to turn.

But with the chaser, the gunk is deposited into the groove channels.

You can make your own by cutting a groove into an old spark plug. But I preferred buying one.

GM! Heck, GM might have made Sherman tanks for all I know.

Some aftermarket company makes exactly the same compressor except made from aluminum.

You do realize, of course, that Jaguar thinks you should be able to change plugs without moving that compressor! They even provide a tool in the tool kit for getting that pesky 1A plug out. Trouble is, the tool is made of lousy metal and just gets mangled when torque is applied.

It is theoretically possible, but the job starts with buying one of those 5/8" spark plug sockets with a big hex on the top end and starting to cut on it. Take the foam out, grind the open end shorter until it just reaches to the bottom of the hex on a plug. Try to drop it in alongside the compressor, when it won’t go figure out what’s stopping it and grind that corner slap off. Eventually you end up with a socket you can drop over the plug and then use an open-end wrench on the hex on the top to break the plug loose. Once loose, go ahead and remove the socket – you’ll never get the plug out with the socket on it – and use a length of 3/8" fuel hose crammed over the end of the plug to unscrew it the rest of the way – as well as to install the new plug.