So, an update.
I used the fork and a bit bigger hammer to remove the wheel hub assembly from the lower ball joint. It really stuck on there.
I used this kit
Removing the upper ball joint was jolly good fun, it went as expected, not too hard, not too difficult. The kit had the proper stuff in it.
The lower ball joint was a lot of work. The kit didn’t have a good size tube for the job. I used the largest one, and damaged it in the process. I used a 2 foot breaker bar and pulled as much torque on it as I could muster. To no avail.
Took the tool away, heated it up with a butane torch. Tried knocking it out with a hammer. No give.
So, heated it up again, assembled the tool around the ball joint. Put as much torque on it as I could, and then some. Then started tapping the bolt. Suddenly it gave way with a snap. Same procedure again, torquing and tapping, again it snapped. Then I could wrench it out with a regular ratchet. I am glad I got it out, and visual inspection shows no damage done to the lower arm.
I put so much torque I actually bent the C clamp a bit out of shape. Not much, but I can’t put the screw back from the “opposite direction”. It won’t thread back into the hole from that direction.
To summarize - You might need more force than expected
So, now I just need to buy a tool kit to do the installation.
Stubborn little things.