Sport Suspension on a Sovereign

Hi,

I’ve got a 1998 X308 3.2 Sovereign. The rear suspension needs to be done. I’ve got two questions: -

1. I’ve seen references on this site to a write up about the best way to drop the A frame to do this job in a far simpler way. Can anyone send me a link to the write up cos I can’t find it.

2. I want to stiffen the suspension. What do people use? I was thinking about putting the same suspension from the 3.2 Sport on. Is it a straight swap or will there be problems? What have others done?

Thanks,

Rod

Rod,

Sorry, but you are on the wrong list. Your car is much newer than anything discussed on this list. I believe you want to post to the X300 list.

Regards,

Paul M. Novak

1990 Series III V12 Vanden Plas

1990 XJ-S Classic Collection convertible

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1969 E-Type FHC

1957 MK VIII Saloon

Ramona, CA USA

Hi I can’t advise on what to do to stiffen up the suspension but if you YouTube X300 rear shock removal there is a clip from Lansing Automotive, it shows them using a hoist but it can be done from a floor jack and axle stands.
To give more room some use a floor jack under the tie plate under the diff and drop that down, just mark the top hat before you dis mount so that you know the orientation for refitting, At least with the 300 suspension you do not have to worry about spring compressors.

Thanks. I’ll look it up now.

Rod

Sorry. I’ve posted it in the right place now.

Rod