Spring seat thread size

Looked in my parts book , but that’s no help , need to know the thread size of the bolts that hold the spring seat to the wishbone ?
20190315_084220

its a super common thread, as I have 30cm threaded rods that work as spring compressors

possibly 3/8" UNF…trying to be helpful, another Jag bolt you have laying around should screw in

9/16 unf bolt head size from memory

The split washers are called out as FG.106/x, which makes it a 3/8. They’re NF.

3/8"-24 tpi UNF bolts and taps are readily available here in the US so let us know if you need sources.

Thanks for that , I am thinking about lowering the front by a inch , by adding spacers , so need longer bolts !

Did the same thing Ian. Used two stainless steel washers as spacers. Worked nicely.The front is a tad lower than the back - gives a little rakish angle. I see elsewhere you are looking for the wheel arch height -sorry can’t measure mine for you as the front suspension is off. I found that it doesn’t take a lot of washers to make a difference. Don’t forget to buy hardened bolts :slight_smile:
Cheers.
Dave

Have read about it , 1/2 spacer lowers car by around a inch , my car is about level at the moment , l think a little lower at the front will look better , if I don’t like it , I can change back , that I could not do if I cut the springs !
Have been looking on e-bay for bolts , looking at ones like this !
3/8" Zinc Plated UNF Hex Head Grade 5 8.8 High Tensile Hexagon Bolts

I have just removed a wishbone from a old subframe , has been sat out side for a good 30 years , sometime under a cover sometimes not , surprised to see how good a condition the shaft is !

Will use this as a trial fit , bolts and spacers , look’s like I will need 3/8 unf , by 1 1/2 inch long bolts !

3/8-24 UNF Grade 5 zinc plated
part no. 91247A219 as a pack of 25 for $7.55

1 Like

Get in touch with Tim at Grove Components - nuts about nuts (and threads). He’ll sort you out. He is also a neighbour and member of our local car clubs but this is not favouritism.

http://www.groveco.co.uk/

Bolts and washers on order now , went with self colour steel in the end ! Spacers are around 13mm , made from Alloy
Don’t think my car sit’s too bad , I have the up rated springs , poly bushes , GAZ shocks , 205 /70/15 tyres on 6 inch rims !!

The inch will make the front tyre fit the wheel arche like the back one !

WP_20150329_002%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy

residentalien
Ian

March 17

Bolts and washers on order now , went with self colour steel in the end ! Spacers are around 13mm , made from Alloy

Don’t think my car sit’s too bad , I have the up rated springs , poly bushes , GAZ shocks , 205 /70/15 tyres on 6 inch rims !!

The inch will make the front tyre fit the wheel arch like the back , and like said rack lower at the front a little(upload://lAMxvUiEkr4UXnuNpgD3jijg5kf.jpeg)

WP_20150329_002%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy

Heads up: We send a maximum of 100 daily emails. Check the site to see the ones that might be held back. PS thanks for being popular!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Now have bolts washers and spacers , trial fit all looks ok , weekend or next mon or tue job !

Managed to fit the spacers this morning , may give the car a run out tomorrow , and check the height !

1 Like

Before and after ,just under 28 inches now , to the top of the wheel arch 20190323_080005 20190326_141148