SS Jaguar Fan Belt

The correct fan belt for the 2½ and 3½ litre SS Jaguars is the Ferodo V.107. Unfortunately this belt is now obsolete and only available in NOS if you can find one.

I had tried recently to find a modern belt that would substitute but whilst I could find the correct length I was unable to find the correct width.

Fortunately in conversation with Art Williams it turned out that Ed Nantes had been round this loop and discovered a good substitute. I have now just received one and it looks excellent. Many thanks to Ed and Art for identifying the belt and a good supplier.

The belt part number is Gates TR28429 and I received mine from:
www.rockauto.com

Please note that the MkIV and MkV use a different belt.

Peter

Wonderful, thanks so much!
I was looking at mine a couple of weeks ago when I had my generator off, and thinking I should start looking for one.
And you got it from Rock Auto, located in my part of the world and my favorite source for modern S-Type parts.
The Gates TR28429 is 25/32" or 20mm wide and 43-1/2" or 1105mm periphery, and there is an alternative brand Continental 28433. It is listed as used on 2001 Freightliner Classic, XL and 1997 Century Class, and some 2017 Nissans, so it should be available for awhile.
Rock Auto also had the rubber spark plug grommets, part # SM30J listed under 1948 Mark V but they are out of stock.

I think it will be worthwhile to add the MKIV fan belt numbers. The plain belt is C45 and the ‘toothed’ style is CX45.

Art