SS1 Anyone want a challenge?

Hello

Wonder what the cost of a professional restoration would be?

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1934-jaguar-ss1-c-8579.htm

Peter

To be frank it’s a mixture of bits from different cars, not allof them being the same model. The front guards appear to be from an SS Airline, the doors chopped down from perhaps an airline or an SS1 saloon. The trunk from ???
And then there’s all the stuff that’s missing and the extravagant asking price
. I would think a professional restoration would be easily US, $ 300,000 +, if lucky if all the missing stuff could be found.
OR… someone might more practically make an SS90 out or it

Have to agree with Resto Ed: EASILY US$300K, to make it a car again.

I’m curious to know if that is rust I see on the two remaining wheel spinners; are they steel on the early cars?
These guys are dealers so they start out high, but they don’t mind a bit of reasonable haggling.
They would probably put it on the lift and give us some pix of the underneath. Might even get a chassis number if it isn’t too hard to find.

I see they also have Mark V DHC 647367 in their stock. Looks like there has been no improvement since it was on ebay last year at an Illinois dealer, but the price has doubled. Must be the California influence. If the top goes down the price goes up.

Yes the SS wheel spinners on the 6 cylinder cars were steel , So a bugger to repair when they get pitted. It is cheaper to just buy new ones, although the ones from UK look like a kindergarten child has skecthed the logo.
There is no chassis number on an SS1.
There was a Commission number on a brass plate attached to the top starter motor mounting bolt , Usually long gone, and there is not that much likelihood that the engine hasn’t been swapped in it’s lifetime
The chassis a 1935 model SS1 but I strongly doubt is was originally a tourer
Perhaps they would be worried that if put on a hoist the chassis might come apart.
In reality any value is in the chassis frame, the grille , the engine [ maybe] and the axles, perhaps with the brakes. I can’t see any panels being salvagable, even if any are original, and that’s a big if.