Status of old jag-lovers.org site

@gunnar is working hard to move the old site over to a less expensive provider. This involves resolving various technical issues. The old site (ebooks, photo albums, model guides etc) will be unavailable for a while.

Our apologies for this inconvenience, I will keep you posted.

Aha! That explains why I’m having trouble getting into the Forum.

Nope, the forum is a different machine. Just the stuff residing on www.jag-lovers.org is affected.

What problems did you have?

I used the link on my original info from Jag-Lovers and always just clicked on it. That took me to the Forum. That did not work this morning, and I eventually figured out that it was the “. org” part that was causing trouble. So I now simply type Jag-Lovers .com and everything works again!

Right. Now I understand.

When we migrated to the new site we changed the old site so that everything which tried to reach forums.jag-lovers.org was automatically rerouted to forums.jag-lovers.com. Since the .org site is not currently available, there is nothing to reroute the request, so you just end up with a “page not found” error.

I’ve asked Gunnar if there is anything we can do in the meantime.

Sorry about that.

EDIT: Attention! anyone who can’t see this message should change their bookmarks to point to jag-lovers.com

Hey, I’m just glad I wasn’t excommunicated ! In the past some of my posts have been completely deleted for “Offensive Language” so I guess I live in fear of that!

I am not willing to discuss the temporary suspension of any user with anyone other than the user themself, and the other mods.