Steering conversion

last April i asked all for comments on a proposed lhd to rhd steering conversion .As per the photo a
the mechanical side is now complete.All is as neat as a pin After many inquiries and pricing of individual parts A kit was purchased from a UK company and included the rack, throttle linkages pedal boxes,bottle holders etc and all good quality. Everything included Having a slight issue with a slightly undersize pinion but this will, be rectified…The whole project was far less daunting than anticipated and i recommend anyone contemplating the move to do it.I may go electric PS later onThanks for the initial assistance

Well done, John
Looking great. I did a L to R swap on my MGB a few years ago.
Have a good weekend.
Chris
Cape Town

All looks good, well done. A quick question, is the washer bottled fitted or resting there, if fitted are you using an alternate air filter system?

On the electric power steering option, it seems like the Corsa B unit with a speed control module is what some have used, the parts are £100, I have already purchased them.

It has been retro fitted fitted to just about everything including Landrover Series and is fully programmable.

The E type kits that are available are a couple of grand+I think.

Thanks for that ,from your comment I take it that the bottle cannot be there when the engine is in place

I think the air filter dustbin occupies that space. There are alternative air filters available such as pancake or ITG, or if brave mesh trumpets (not recommended).
Regards
Pat

Hi James, I was interested in yr post. Are you saying that the electric steering set up on the Opel Corsa is removeable, and works on the E Type!? If so what years used this electric steering !?

Yes it is a readily stand alone unit used by companies looking to sell power steering conversions.

You need a speed controller and loads on the net about it.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=8&t=887651

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=116844

I an going to have a go myself this winter.

James