[CANCELLED] Steering Rack E-type 4.2

(Include at least one picture)

Good used rack and pinion for the XKE 4.2 Part # C25493. This came from a 1968 car.
4 years of use.

Asking price (if selling): $650.00 Canadia

Contact information: drmike_smith@bell.net

Cost of shipping (if selling): As per shipping company quote

Willing to ship worldwide? yes

Do you know if this will fit a 1970 series II. I need to do a little research if you don’t know. How about shipping cost to US 45242.

Thanks Dan

Hi Dan give me a day or so I have a 70 E Im pretty sure it will fit but will check Where ab outs in the US

Mike

~WRD000.jpg

There are only two different manual XKE racks. The difference is the count of the pinion teeth. The 3.8 had 8 teeth and the 4.2 had 7 teeth. 3.8 is a bit quicker but with more effort. They are all interchangeable on any 6 cylinder XKE with a manual rack. They can also be put in a power rack car but the main steering shaft will have to be replaced as it is a different length. Longer on the manual rack cars.

1 Like

Thanks for the information Dick. I do have a pow-R- rac on my XKE and the previous owner had removed the canister and the associated piping. I drove the car 100 miles before I started the restoration and the steering was fine. Any problems running my current rac dry.

Dan to get you a quote on shipping via Canada Post I would need to know if you want the ties rod ends as the parcel would be shorter without them I would also need to know which state the item would go to From the web I have found that the average weight of a steering rack is just under 15 pounds I cant weigh the one for sale as its not with me at the moment I could of course take of the tie rod ends but would prefer not to

Using Colorado as an intended address the rate I got was about 96 Canadian for regular and 136 for Xpress post

I can get closer with the target address A final figure would be when I package the unit and get a firm quote We might possibly take off $50

Mike

~WRD000.jpg

Dan I’ve actually got an early one and a later one I just had to get a rack for my Mk 11 Kuckily it had been rebuilt at Welches Its on the car now but the car has problems and I have just finished doing valve clearances on it It came formk a machine shop with 0 valve clearances on the inlet side

mike

~WRD000.jpg

You can run forever on the rack as long as you grease it once in a while through the grease fitting where the gears mesh. If you want to sell your old pump, I would be interested. Running the system dry will damage the pump, not the rack.

I have more photos if you ar interested Mke

~WRD000.jpg

Looks like your rack doesn’t fit my car without additional modifications. I’m going to pass. Thanks for your time.

Thanks Dick I have checked with the precious owner and it in fact just bolts in

Mike

~WRD000.jpg

I realize you will pass on this but for info I am going to change the price to 400 Canadian

Regards

Mike

~WRD000.jpg

Thanks. I’ll let you know