Steering wheel modification #3

Perhaps I wasn’t clear in my choice of words; I would never choose a car to drive because of keyless entry/push button starting, and would always pick the 32 year old Jaguar because of the total driving experience over a new car, period. About the only thing that my new cars do better is the keyless starting and entry- inferior in most other ways.

I’m very curious to see how you did it!
Do you have a schematic ?

Yes, I do, give me a little time to dig out the info. PDF or Word?

1 Like

Me, also. PDF is good.

RGK20, Aristides, In checking my records, I’m coming to realize that the way I wrote this I guess that I wrote it for myself for future info, so some stuff has to be clarified for better understanding and that’s what I’ve been doing little by little. Just give me a little time. Take care.

1 Like

I appreciate the effort, absolutely no hurry.

Much more than a schematic for you.
Enjoy it and I hope you give it a try.

ReinaldoXJS Engine start-stop switch Manual --.pdf (1.5 MB)

It’s finally done. It turned out to be more like a whole manual.
Enjoy it and, perhaps, USE it…

ReinaldoXJS Engine start-stop switch Manual --.pdf (1.5 MB)

That is great, thank you very much.

Amazingly presented, thank you!

This thread reminds me of a visit to Pyms Lane in Crewe - the former RR works, now Bentley. I was there to test a couple of new Bentleys for the Cambridge Evening News and after an overnight stay and dinner they took us round the factory.

Near the Woodshop sat a couple of women on high barstools near a counter, each with a jig for holding a rotating steering wheel while they sewed the leather by hand. One woman showed us a dinner fork which she used on every wheel by pressing in into the leather too mark the next four stitches. It took half a day to make each wheel.

1 Like

I’ve added some missing items on the main wiring schematic. See attached.

ReinaldoDrawing corrections.pdf (211.3 KB)

I’ve added some missing items on the main wiring schematic drawing.

ReinaldoDrawing corrections.pdf (211.3 KB)

1 Like