Sticker in Jaguar xj6

Dear friends,
in time of Covid 19 and therefore segregation at home I would have a curiosity:
these codes are printed on the jag xj6 1982 european on a sticker on the left side near the battery:
33R-006; 26R011; 21R 006; 18R043; 17R077; 15R03735; 14R 005 and then 12 11 and finally 9
Are they the type of equipment and option of the car?
Thanks Carlo

Don’t take mine as the final word but I don’t think so. Over the last 20+ years I’ve never heard of equipment/option content labels on these cars.

I suspect they might be market/country specific labels to certify that the car meets xxx-requirements.

Cheers
DD

Can you upload a picture? Sounds interesting-I don’t have such a sticker.

this is the sticker.
Cheers
carlo

Okay interesting. I don’t think it belongs there. The E11 reminds me of the code on the windows and would mean approved for europe in GB. The rest…

Example: my W203 Mercedes rh side window says “E1 43R-001193” amongst other numbers and symbols. All windows I can see just now are 43R but with another number. If your windows match, it has to say something, but if not it might be there to hide rust.
Cheers,
David

43R is the standard and the number is the glass pattern as approved, so a lot of windows I’d say!

No, not rust because purchased new in 1982 from my father then almost never used nor repainted; just thinking about the long list of mercedes in the engine compartment or on the last page of use and maintenance of the car I was thinking about the set-up (electric antenna, electric seats and other options); however in the saint gobain tinted glasses there is E11 etc.
Carlo

I’m pretty sure we’re looking a placard that signifies regulatory compliance

If you go to the chart shown in this article you’ll see lots of regulatory “R” codes

Cheers
DD

Nice, now we have the whole picture - now I‘d like to know if all XJ came with this? Assuming it matches… given the story it might.

Well, certainly not “all”, as I’ve never seen such a label on USA-market cars

Cheers
DD

Fine - all ROW maybe, or the Italian market…
But then all cars of this era would have it, at least in Italy?

I think so I had already seen it on another jag xj III in the same position; in the meantime I would like to ask Doug if in the third series there was a buzzer for seat belts, headlights on, door open or other; if it was planned I would like to know where it was located; in my car I have not found it.
Thanks and happy easter to all of you
Carlo

Hi Carlo,

My Canadian SIII VDP had a buzzer that turned on as soon as you put the key in the ignition.
Very irritating and utterly useless.
I rewired it to buzz when the lights are on, the ignition off and the drivers door opens.
Very useful and empty battery saving…

In my car the buzzer is by the main fuse panel.

Hi aristides, I see bad news from your country for the covid; the cooling level you sent me is fully functional; how did you manage to deflect the buzzer and make it operational with the lights (if you remember)?
Hello Carlo

I made a new thread for the buzzer modification.

Yes, things not so good here, almost as bad as in Italy… let us hope for the best.