Stodard bracket

Was surfing today and came across a thread on another site. The folks were really impressed with this “stodard bracket” for the AJ6 4.0 engine. It advances the timing by 5 degrees and supposedly gives better performance and mpg.

I did a search here but it came up empty. Any of you folks have first hand experience with this tweak? I’m not concerned about the mpg (it is a Jag after all) but the increased performance sounds intriguing.

Gordon

I had one on my X300/XJR. Works as advertised.

It’s not like it transforms your life, mind you. But there IS a palpable improvement in throttle response; snappier in mid-RPM, mid-throttle situations

Cheers
DD

Search for Andy’s bracket, he was an engineer with Jaguar and developed the bracket.

There are some articles on the net about it…one said it cost about 75 pounds uk…on xjr it increased mileage a little…advances crank sensor 5 degrees…kind of reminds me of the model a ford i had as a kid…had manual advance on column…

I just finished ordering it. I’m starting a coolant hose/radiator refresh so I’m thinking it should be very easy to swap once the front bit of engine is opened up.

Gordon