Stolen 1996 Jaguar XJS

Taking a long shot here but I recently had my 96 XJS in British racing green stolen out of my driveway.

I’m hoping it was taken for a joyride since we did have a sweep of people taking change out of unlocked cars. My valet keys were left in my wife’s unlocked car, hence he idea that it was just taken and dumped somewhere.

If anyone sees a BRG facelift XJS with the 1995 five spoke wheels, please call the cops! License plate is Virginia 7480PT. Other than the wrong year wheels, the only other strange thing about the car is that it has no badging on the trunk (just had it repainted) and no pinstripes or side moulding.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear of the loss Veekay, but nowing where you are based might be of use to people, I’m not going to be looking for it here in NZ.

Crap. You’re right. I’m in the Washington DC area, northern Virginia specifically.

Thanks.

Good luck. I hope you find it OK.

VK has it in his profile “Washington DC” but it is not visible unless you make the effort to click on the avatar.

What happened to the good old plain signatures?

This is one more thing the forum admins need to fix.

So sorry to hear the sad news Valde, I agree with you that this was an “opportunity” crime, not a target and likely the car will be recovered, but in the meantime…

Bummer, bummer.

Hate reading that…makes me so angry.

If I were you I’d really try to stay on the police in your and surrounding areas. Calling and informing everyone ad nauseam.

Hopefully they get caught across state line and it becomes federal.

Terrible feeling…we can’t take a damn thing for granted.

Best wishes

1 Like

Man thay sucks! Sorry to see this!

Agree with the others- - this sucks! My eyes are peeled – BRG facelift Virgina plates

1. is there any CCTV cameras you could ask neighbours etc…Cops will be too slow & useless

2. Most jobs are “inside jobs” …you had the car painted recently…be aware getting a key cut is easy, make enquiries about the painters criminal “form”, if you can

I have had thieving and vandalism before. If I ever catch them, they will know the meaning of terror

2 Likes

If you have a Facebook account ( I don’t) I suggest you contact your Facebook friends and include a picture of the car.

Good luck

I live 45 minutes southeast of D.C. I’ll keep an eye out! Sorry for the loss.

Gordon

Besides the virginia tag, color and model, any other markings which might help the id?

1. No badges on the trunk lid.
  2. 1995 five spoke wheels
  3. Quad headlights
  4. Growler on the hood, from an XK8, indicating 4.0 liter
  5. No pinstripes or side mouldings.
  6. Front license plate is hung under the front bumper, basically pinned to the grille under the front bumper.
  7. Standard tan soft top.

I have never opened a Facebook account, but I have shared pics on a local DC uber forum.

Thanks! Lets hope its found.

There’s a fundamental difference in attitude between those who have been robbed and those who haven’t. If you’ve never been robbed, you call the police and let them handle it. If you have been robbed before, they’ll never find the bodies.

2 Likes

Oh, I sure feel your pain. so far, no one has stolen a car from me.

I belong to Nextdoor. A neighborhood site where “over the fence” talk is done on line!!
thetts of and from cars and trucks quite frequently reported. Some found and some not !

It might not have gone far…

1. Tour your neighborhood.
  2. Is there "Nextdoor’ in your neighborhood.

Carl

If you get it back, you might want to try my technique: Leave your file folder of repair bills on the passenger :grin:

2 Likes

For when you get it back…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

Wrong year wheels? I thought the five-spoke were the factory wheels on the '95-'96s (?)

We’ve been complaining about that ever since the new site started, but before the admins have indicated they are not about to change it. To me, it only makes sense we should be able to have our cars mentioned in a signature line that attaches to each of our posts.