Straight Pipes. Awesome and awful at the same time

Just imagine the lucky guy who got to drive these cars, on city roads, and obviously was told, “Don’t baby it. Push it

I’d like to think one of them was Milo Ventimiglia…

:heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

This looks like Vancouver BC Canada, they did road racing on the road some years ago when I visited, beautiful place…

I compiled this info from 3-4 different web-sites and editted it down to:

The month-long production cut down to just a sub-two-minute long tribute video paying homage to Maranello’s finest racing cars throughout history was under the guidance of Partizan’s Antoine Bardou Jacquet and producer David Stewart.

At the time (in 2007), it was one of the most expensive advertisements ever made, costing a cool $4.5 million (adjusted for inflation, $6,000,000 in 2021). The result was a glorious symphony of raw sound which followed five different cars from Ferrari’s Formula 1 history as they tore through some of the world’s most iconic cityscapes. The crew visited Rome, Monaco, Rio, Sydney, New York and Hong Kong during the month-long shoot. Called “Circuit,” the two-minute ad celebrates 60 years of Shell and Ferrari working together.

Interestingly, you might notice that Sydney’s Sea Cliff Bridge (which opened two years prior to filming) copped a fair bit of airtime in the advert. Little would Ferrari know that the same bridge would subsequently feature in almost every other Australian car ad from that point forward.

While all the racing cars were driven on location by Ferrari test drivers, reportedly for the Australian leg of the ad, an anonymous local Ferrari enthusiast managed to wrangle his way behind the wheel.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info on that Craig!

Is it wrong to put this on loop and just let it play over and over?

2 Likes

Only if the volume is too low…:grimacing:

4 Likes

That was great
Motivated me to break out my old vhs copies of GRand Prix movie as well as the McQueen LeMans movie too

2 Likes

No one posted a video so here’s mine. the exhaust is a Bell 304 SS with “sport” mufflers. Presumably with no baffles but on inspection I saw baffles but no stuffing. It is not loud and has a nice sound. Not driven it on the road yet.

I made the 2nd video to show the blue smoke when the engine gets to temperature; an unfortunate occurrence that I will leave be until I get it on the road for a proper break-in.

1 Like

In the past I had a 2 inch bore size with steel headers, hooker mufflers, cherry bombs redone in chrome for resonators and I loved the sound.

Is that an ANZA tail pipe?