Stromberg carbureters

The accelerator linkage to the carbs. Not essential but the choke cable would be nice to have

Stuart A Greenwood

1 Like

3207 F carbs

Hi I have the correct set with manifold Iā€™ll sell. Do you have any interest in selling the H8ā€™s Iā€™d be interested for my xk140.

Dan, when you say the correct set what do you mean? 3207F?R or 3305F/R
Yes I will sell the H8s when I get the Strombergs on

OK Dan I see that they are 3165 carbs which are the non emission type prior to the 3207 and 3305. I believe that I make these work for my car. They are just missing the connections for the crankcase breather fumes:-
I wouldnā€™t want to part with the H8s off my car until I have reconditioned the 3165s and got them working but then I would sell you the H8s. What price are you thinking about for the 3165s and what do you think the H8s are worth? Iā€™m thinking that the H8s are worth more than the 3165s but Iā€™m open to negotiation
Stuart

As I told you the H8s are on my car now and they are working fine but they are too tall and come very close to the bonnet so I want to go back to using Strombergs. I have several photos of the carbs installed on the car but I donā€™t know how many photos I can load on this forum post. Here are some:-

The last photo is blurred but it shows the carb model number on the rear carb AUC702R
If you want more photos E mail me at sagreenwood@att.net
Do your 3165 carbs have the temperature compensator and the by pass valve? :-
As I have said I donā€™t want to part with the H8s until have have got the Stromberg set up working. Your 3165s obviously need rebuilding so I would much prefer to buy the 3165s off you and then at a later date put the H8s up for sale. As to how much the H8s are worth. Moss Motors are selling a set for $3499 and Burlen in the UK sell a set for about $2800 so I think that mine are worth $1100. I also have two kits that I bought from Burlen prior to realizing that the carbs were too tall:-
These cost $150 and Iā€™ll give them free with the carbs.
Stuart

O. M. G
Why would you go backā€¦ā€¦
Could you use E type SU top hats are they a bit lower?
That looks really good!
Gtjoey

If I had the ching, those would look awesome on the Jeep!

Maybe a partial tradeā€¦:wink:

Now that I looked in my stash, I have a set of the tall-top HD8s, thatā€™ll bolt right onto the Jeep.

Hmmmmmā€¦

Because they work, and very well at that, unless like all carbā€™s they have been tampered with by someone who doesnā€™t know what theyā€™re doing.

But my friends the dash pots are too tall and hit the bonnet. I donā€™t see how you could replace the H8 dashpots with HD8 dash pots and expect them to work. They will have different pistons lifts.
Stuart

1 Like

This should be a PM.

I have an early set that were used on my 69 Triumph which are the same carbs you need. I sent you a message with info, thanksā€¦

Dan I donā€™t know how to post a private message on the forum. So I suggest that you just E mail me at sagreenwood@att.net and not use the Jag lovers site at all
Stuart

Itā€™s really easy: click on the personā€™s avatarā€“the circle with their picture or letter, top leftā€“then select ā€œmessage.ā€

You are right in that it is real easy to send a PM, but unless you know how it is far from obvious that clicking on the personā€™s photo is the way to do it and I have never found on the site instructions as how to do this
Anyway thanks
Stuart