Stuck Engine XJ6

Hi, I have a problem with the engine of an XJ6 (6 cylinders). (hope this is the right thread)
I don’t use the car very often and in the past few years I didn’t use it at all.
I recently noticed that the engine seems stuck. I tried to rotate it by hand but I couldn’t make it. I placed some spray lubricant inside the head (where is possible) but after some days nothing seems have changed.
There is hope or I have to replace the engine? Thank you

Have you tried some oil down the spark plug holes? Spin the engine over before replacing the spark plugs.

Boil some engine oil up , and poor it in the spark plug holes , leave it for a day or two , then try !!

if that doesnt work, mix ATF & turps, pour into cyls, leave for a 2 weeks, remove fan & shroud, affix a 1-5/16" or 33mm socket and breaker bar to the crank pulley nut. If successful, change oil

You don’t mention what happens when you use the starter to crank the engine, Michele - or what you used to turn the engine manually…?

While standing, without regularly turning over the engine, rust will form in the bores - and the pistons will corrode. Turning the engine manually is hard work - the starter motor is far more powerful…

Remove spark plugs and do as Tony says - keep trying with the spark plugs removed. Throw a cover over the head - when the engine starts spinning the inside mess will spray out…

Exercising the engine, then running it, may save the bacon - but a compression test will then reveal the extent of eventual damage.

But exercise the engine regularly - use it or loose it…

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)