Stuck temp needle in a 140

The needle used to show 10 deg too much, i.e. 95 when the digital, laser temp gun showed 85. I could live with that, but this morning it sat at 95 after the car rested overnight.
The combo instrument is fairly new. Oil pressure readings are good.
It´ s a DHC, with the wooden instr panel. I don´ t feel likr removing it just yet. On the 150 all instr panel work is so much easier as the instruments comebright iut, towards you.
Peder

Yep, happened on my 120. The needle is loose on its spindle. There are four screws to be removed under the center dash, then it tilts back enough so I could get the instrument loose and get the front glass off. Just set the needle to where you think the engine temp is at the moment and push it on the spindle.
The tricky part is getting the gauge to stay straight while pushing the dash back. The oil gauge tube is so stiff it wants to pull the gauge crooked.

Fitting an oil flexible pipe between the gauge and the copper pipe behind the dash changes life.
The gauge does not have to be disconnected when you need to detach the instruments panel.
A flexible pipe similar to the one between the copper pipe and the filter head can be used. It can be bent slightly to facilitate placement behind the dash.
(example) https://coventryautocomponents.co.uk/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=281