Stud spacing on the inlet side of the XK head

lovely … thanks for good information. i am going to do similar on rough 140 - did you decide on 4.2 rather than 3.8 intake because of breathing or plumbing water?

Interesting set up, no I have no problem with the hisser when set up properly, I will be leaving it on the β€˜S’ when I finally get the engine back in. I just flick the ignition off and on quickly when I feel the engine will run well without the need of the choke. The AED, well thats another kettle of fish :frowning:

Ingenious Peter. I have no problem with the SC either.

With best regards
Philip Dobson

that is art & engineering together, thanks for the pics,
very interesting to see a different approach

the reason I eliminated the ASC/AED for a manual choke

• ever present fuel smell from ASC drillings is gone

• (in my case) 90% of trips ~10min, choke is better for this

I am curious your dislike of lowering jets, other than a possibilty of non-accurate return to set position ?

Yes John the more even flow from the head., although whatever possesed Jaguar to place the linkage under the manifold rather than on top as the 3.8.

Exackly this Tony…
Peter B

Money and beauty, I assume. After the tooling investment making the one-piece part id far more secure (no leaks) and cheap than the five-piece part it replaces. Plus the head no longer needs two waterways machined/plugged.

Aesthetics (acres of polished alloy) and tidy appearance will also have trumped linkage accessibility (which is still OK, just not quite as easy).

Yes Peter but the E Type and MK10 were allready geared up for the top moubted linkage.
Does not the visible linkage have aesthetic appeal, or is this just for old grease
monkeys like -
Yours Truly ,
P Balls