Stype R new owner

Just bought my first Stype. Its a 2002 4.2. Immaculate condition. Obviously all cars have issues, one of mine is a VERY lively accelerator from the stop position, unless I’m careful it spins the rear wheels. I’ve had a few other supercharged jaguars and this has not been the norm so I assume something needs looking at!
Other than that it’s a great car.

1 Like

Do you have sport mode on the transmission? If so make sure its in the off position.

I don’t think I have. the sport mode light does go on and off with the switch. I don’t notice much/any difference when sport is selected. tonight I have disconnected the battery to resettle system. will report back tomorrow once I have reconnected and test driven.

Check if the traction control is the screw type if it isn’t the TC will tamp down on the wheel spin by limiting power output throttling down the engine and perhaps using selective braking. ON the other hand (the hairy one) switching off the traction control promises more fun than a potato peeler to the tire tread, some are even able to write Jaguar on the macadam I’m not talking printing, anyone for infinity 8’s —coffee and donuts are especially tasty while watching the rubber smoke drift into oblivion. Squirrels rather peanuts to feed on, Oh what a feeling! btw who’s found a locker up diff for me STR?