SU issue - significant suction through breather holes

Synchrometer is ready and waiting on the workbench. Once I have the multimeter, I’m ready to go.

Yes, it’s very puzzling why it suddenly started acting up. It is a looser fit at the base than the other two, but not sure that’s the whole story because I sealed the base using duct tape and it still was a problem. I can’t see a crack anywhere in the bell and I switched pistons and dampers to no effect, so still scratching my head. Plan to keep doing the forensic checks and see I can figure it out.

The funnel adapter works well with it

All good. The used inductive RPM meter didn’t work too well (I think the inductive pickup is too loose) but got the carbs synced and mixture set and she’s running nicely again. I think I may have her slightly leaner than before, but she purrs nicely while out on the road and can idle HOT at around 800-900 rpm with just the occasional minor stumble. I’m sure I’ll fiddle around some more.

After setting things up I realized my pedal was slight twisted and was sticking slightly so I ended up with too much play before the carbs open up. Discovered the flange on the lower part of the hinge on my accelerator pedal has broken at one of the set screws and only one screw is holding the pedal to the floor. New pedal, springs, and pedal hinge set screws on order. When I install the new pedal, I’ll recheck the carbs and probable reset the linkage to have a bit less play.

Which model Acton do you use?

Not sure, got it long ago. Has Dwell and RPM functions.

Actually, I think this is it…

https://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP7677-Automotive-TroubleShooter-Multimeter/dp/B0002LZU7K/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=actron+multimeter&qid=1562279574&s=gateway&sr=8-1[Acton Multimeter]