SU parts interchange between HD6 and HD8

Question for you all, does anyone know what parts might interchange between a HD6 and HD8 SU carb? Reason I am asking… I have a complete set of the triples for my etype which are the HD8 but then I also ended up with two sets of HD6 SUs from a couple other places as well. I am beginning to sort through all that I have and determine what all is useful for my e-type restoration and what is not going to interchange.

Anything on the HD6 that are the same as the HD8? I have looked everywhere online and can’t find anywhere that cross references things. I don’t want to get rid of anything that I might find to be of value to me later but in the same token don’t want to hold onto a bunch of parts that I won’t be able to use in the future, even if it is just sourcing parts from it.

Any comparison charts you all know of or even just experiential guidance?

Thanks as always!!

The stuff that looks the same probably is. The stuff that looks bigger probably is.

Other than screws… not much. You might get some money for the HD6 carbs if they are manual choke ones - these are pretty rare, and for anyone who wants to convert a saloon from thermocarb to manual choke… quite desirable.

Me, me! I’ve read some info suggesting that at least some of the HD6 manual choke bits will fit the HD8, which is what I have. Anyone know?

Back of the line. I was here first.

(The HD6 rings are smaller diameter iirc.) Daimler 250 v8s had choked HD6, but the levers go the wrong way, so you have to take them apart and re pin and rearrange the mechanism.

1 Like

Matt,

If you have the Jaguar Parts Lists for the vehicles that use the particular carbs you have, they contain the component parts of each carb. Then it’s just a (laborious) job of finding which parts are in common. From a quick glance I spotted one - 8040 Float. Good luck…

-David

That is something I need to get for my etype still. I need to do the same thing for the other motor parts as well. Was just hoping someone maybe had a cross reference guide they knew of somewhere. For now I just stuck them all in a box in a corner of the storage space. I have another project that needs to be finished before I can really properly devote the time I need to the E. For right now I am just piecing together parts here and there that I know are missing so hopefully I am pretty complete when the time comes for full tear down and restoration.

Thanks!!!