Sunshades for an E-type

As I’m about to get my S3 OTS ready for the road, I want to get a sun shade for the windshield to protect the interior and hopefully lower the cabin temp during the hot summer Maryland summer months.
The company “HeatShield” has one for the S1 and S2, but not the S3. They advertise products for the S2 coupe as well as OTS, but not 2+2. Now, the S2 2+2 has the more sloping windshield than the S2 OTS and the S2 coupe and I believe is the same as the S3.
Does anyone have experience with the heat shield from this company ?

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/sun_shades_for/jaguar/e_type_coupe_/1971

Thanks … Ole

Ole,

I have one for my Ford C-MAX, and it’s very effective. Huge windshield!

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. Good to know that the quality is acceptable.
I was also hoping that someone on the forum could comment on the fit in an E-type. Especially if the coupe version would be way off on an S3 OTS.

Ole,

The C-MAX version is cut to fit exactly. Uses the sun visors to hold it up. You have sun visors?

Jerry

I have sun visors, or rather I will have. The original ones are shot and will be replaced.
I might just try the S2 coupe version for my S3. It can’t be completely wrong, I’m guessing.
Thanks Jerry … Ole

I’ve always considered these to be somewhat expendable, so for me, quality isn’t critical. The better ones (Mylar-faced foam) do hold up better and don’t sag as quickly. I’ve usually found it necessary to trim a new one to fit.

Bob Frisby, S2 FHC, Boise, Idaho

Home Depot and others sell that silver bubble wrap type insulation. Just make a template of windscreen and cut one out. Material folds or rolls up easily.

Glenn