Superblue is Being a Bit "Overprotective"

Seems she is doing something she used to do, but in a different manner, a few years back: the door locks suddenly locking when not desired. :open_mouth: This time the unhappy event apparently is triggered by my activating something else electrical in the car - hitting the brake pedal, turning on the parking lights, turning on the WW, etc. I could understand this phenomena maybe if activating something electrical causes a surge in the carā€™s general system, but instead it causes a slight decrease in power (right?). So how is that decrease - apparently - causing the door lock relay to activate/trip? :confused: Is the solution maybe as simple as time for a new door lock relay (wherever it is located)?

Perhaps you should change her name to Christine, Paul.

1 Like

May be a big leap here from this casual, but could it be mechanical? Maybe a manual door lock ā€œflip switch?ā€

I donā€™t know ā€¦ It seems to be something in the system ā€¦ Today she started doing that lock/unlock/lock/unlock ā€œstuck in a loopā€ thing when I tried to unlock the passenger door using the key (the interior door latch wouldnā€™t budge!). :open_mouth: Fortunately, I was able to get the door open at just the right moment in the loop while she was in ā€œunlockā€. :angry: Another symptom: when she suddenly locks on me, if I try to unlock the driverā€™s door from the inside sheā€™ll do so, but the message is not also relayed (no pun intended) to the passenger door to do same (or vice versa). Itā€™s like the two doors are on two completely separate circuits, at least at times. :crazy_face:

If the radio suddenly comes on one day, and you hear 50ā€™s rock music, BALE OUT!

3 Likes