Supercharged 6 in a XJS

so my 94 is a V-12 but was looking up the something and came across the Austin Martin DB7 uses a XJS pan with the supercharged six from Jaguar. I was wondering if any of the XJS-6 guys have swapped out the six with a supercharged six from the XJR?
Dan

Good question. My little 4.0 runs like a top but it’s anemic, though.

Yes with 300 ponies I bet it would be a real driver, probably faster than the V-12!

I have XJS 96, straight 6 ,m 4,0L and it looks similar engine as mounted on the XJ6 X300 series. Is anybody fitted supercharger from 96-97 XJR X300 to XJS ?

I’ve seen at least one (not in person though) where the whole engine/transmission set up from a 95 XJR was transplanted into a facelift XJS. All ECUs and harnesses must have been moved as well – probably not an easy thing to do.

I wanna say there are 4 or 5 running around. Yes, it’s a fairly involved swap.

A couple years ago a guy was selling two on Ebay and I’m 99% sure there are 2-3 others out there somewhere. I think there’s a MK2/XJR out there as well.

Performance-wise the result should be about the same as a 6.0 V12 XJS.

In the X300 sedans the performance of the XJR vs. XJ12 was very close, with the XJR being just a tad quicker (0-60 mph in 6.7 seconds versus 6.9 or thereabouts)

Cheers
DD

Simply installing the supercharger on the normally aspirated engine? No, I have not heard of anyone doing so. Jaguar changed a LOT of things in designing the supercharged engine, including lowering the compression a couple points

Others will chime in

Cheers
DD