Supercharger first E-Type

I was going through some old magazines that were given to me by a friend and came across this article for a supercharger for the E-Type. Just curious, but has anyone ever seen one of these on an E?

Many years ago: my memory was, it didn’t work all that well, because of high underbonnet temps, plus it wasn’t that reliable.

And you thought accessing the dizzy was difficult on a stocker??

Have not seen the supercharger but have seen a turbocharged E-type. There are pictures of it somewhere but no means of find it.
pauls

Seems like a great idea (on someone else’s car).
I’ve been thinking about this for a while. You could pull a LOT of rear gear ratio.
Stock Jags are torquey but run out of breath. Seems a perfect application for a belt driven centrifugal
supercharger. (that clears up the dist. access…maybe). I can’t seem to come up with the appropriate intake scenario. Change 3 carbs for 1 bigger one? Trying to go old school hot rod philosophy: meaning not a fuel injection solution.

Thanks for the responses. I was just wondering if anyone had seen one on a car and how it performed. I’m sure not interested in having one on my car. I have too many other things that should be done to my car before I add a supercharger. Hahaha

Personally, I think it blows.

A good point wrt turbos and centrifugal. Our son has a screw type on a BMW 330Ci and it drives way different than the 8 turbo cars we’ve owned. While the typical is to use a turbo or centripetal, I think the screw type drives much, much better. I’d guess expense and packaging (hard to do intercoolers) is the reason most go to the other style. Your point about low end versus high end is the point of interest relative to our engines - not that I’d even remotely consider it. The 6 BMW with the cam variation and such really doesn’t need more low end, but the screw style blower has it in spades.

I had a good condition 1987 engine I planned to hot rod and put in the car. But the stocker once right was quick enough. Move it here, move it there. Finally sold it. No porting, cams, pistons, blowers etc. Just good ole reliability of a stocker. It would have been fun blowing it up.