Tall Driver...too tall?

I’m 6 foot 6 inches (195cm). Will I fit in 1996 XJS (Convertible)?

I am 5-6. And barely fit in my 94 coupe… no way you fit with top up. Are you hefty? Steering wheel is right there.

Your best option is a pre-facelift, before airbags were introduced. Then you can fit a smaller steering wheel, which helps a lot. Also, earlier cars had thinner seats, which also helps.

Facelift cars have another problem for tall drivers : a deeper bolster under the dash which digs into the top of your lower legs, if you are tall.

I am 6ft 5 and my 86 XJSC is OK. Not great, but fine for a couple of hours.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I have an opportunity to get a great deal but I guess if I don’t fit then it’s not a match. Very bummed.

you could fit this open top roadster.jag%20interior%20002

ron

I can provide you with custom seat extenders at a low price that allow 4 inches of more leg room at only a 1/2" increase in height. I know they are enough to fit you in a coupe but I am not sure about a convertible. I have heard there is less head room in the convertible.

gcoder1,

I’m interested in seat extenders for the drivers side.

I have a 93 xj-s convertible.

It’s a 2 seater with a storage compartment instead of a back seat.

I just sent you a private message

1 Like

No problemo, so long as you keep the top down … :grin:

Thanks for all the comments. Picked her up Thursday and fit better than expected. Great car! I did notice a slight burnt rubber smell around the right rear wheel after the 3 hour drive home. Any clues?

Is it a convertible or hardtop? I’m 6’3", so hoping there is plenty of headroom.

Convertible. I figured i’d have to drive it only with top down but I’m even OK with top up. You should be fine.

Regarding rubber smell, are the rear shocks worn? Could have some tire rubbing on wheel well if there’s not much clearance.

Interesting that you fit ok in a '96, but at 6’3" I touch the roof in a 89-91 coupe. I wonder if Ford made more room with the facelift? I don’t have a leg issue, I have a torso issue :slight_smile:

Hi Can you still provide those seat extenders.
I am looking at a beautiful coupe and I am 6’6 as well.