Technical Problems With the Website?

Clearly fuel prices in Arkansas are better than here in AZ :slight_smile:
But yeah, there is a $2 a month Patron level!

1 Like

There ought to be some kind of recognition label for those of us who periodically feed the system but don’t go the Patron route.

1 Like

I thought there used to be something like that. Maybe I mis-remember. I would periodically feed the system as well, just figured this route might be easier, since I know AWS bills monthly :smiley:

I think there was in the old forum, but t hat option disappeared when it moved to the Discourse platform.

Like @Breen60? Better than nothing and nobody knows how much. Which is a good thing I’d say.

Seems a good time to emulate PBS and do a membership drive. The forum has always been a great resource, but during this time it is also entertainment and a release. Good time to appeal to the members for a little help!

Indeed: I do not care if folks know whether or not I donated.

Yes, and for good reason. The old system was 100% manual. The donation would come in, often from a different email address than was subscribed to the forum, and with no other information about how to match the donation to a person. So, someone had to play detective, suss it all out, and award the right person the “donor” badge in the forum.

The new system, using Patreon, is fully automatic. When you sign up as a patron, Patreon sends an electronic message to the forum software, which then awards the badge (there’s a job that runs once a day). No manual labor involved.

Besides, all our bills are monthly. Having a monthly income from Patreon greatly reduces the stress at the end of each month.

1 Like

Thank you, much appreciated!

Great job, and thank you! ^5 :+1:

What’s the $$ difference between a “Patron” and an ordinary contributor? :confused:

IIRC, we used to have a little “badge” by our name if we have contributed $ on the old forum. Haven’t seen that here, or, if so, never noticed it.

There is a badge if you donate a monthly sum by Patreon. We no longer have the capacity to handle this for one-off contributions via Paypal. The sum donated by Patreon is voluntary, from a dollar a month upwards. At the end of the day, everything helps.

Nothing the donation can be as big or small as you want to contribute.