Tefba Filter website no longer available

unfortunately the border is closed to us at the moment. but I agree it is very much easier to source for compatible parts in Thailan

Thanks Tex.

I found one in Ebay and have placed an order.
It looks similar to the one in your photo.
Greatly appreciate your help!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274820632863

1 Like

The filter from Redline has arrived.
It includes a coarse and fine filter.
Looks exactly like the Tefba’s, but with a spring…
An improvement from the original

They’ve had the spring for many years. Mine didn’t have it so I just set a chubby O-ring in the bottom to hold the screen up. But they added the spring shortly thereafter.

Yes indeed!
Found it written in the book when i read the cooling section
Thanks!

Mine also came with a magnet. If you’re didn’t, just put a small donut magnet on the plastic peg. I usually find a little bit of scum on it now and then.

Also, that big ‘oring’ up top on the cap, mine actually leaked using that. I find it seals fine with just the cap which has a rubber washer within it. Make sure you have the filter flipped so the more blunt end is up top.

I’ve been using coarse filter for 2 years now, nothing catches there anymore. I guess it’s time to move onto fine. Fortnight, fortyear? I wasn’t worrying too much, since I’ll be replacing radiator next year.

1 Like

Mine does not have any magnet.
Will do as you advised.
Thanks

So the NAPA hose I bought from ebay has arrived.
Looks legit… So should be alright

3 Likes

Han - when you cut out the section of hose, for placement of the filter, would you note the measurement, from each end of the hose, that remains for use, with the filter installed - possibly a picture of filter installed in hose, prior to installing on vehicle - just for a record so that future searches of information would be able to gain knowledge from your work - thanks, Tex.

1 Like

OK, will do that when I fit the coolant filter.

1 Like